One thing that’s essential in Central FL is making sure your HVAC system is energy efficient. Having a unit that saves on energy costs, maintains a comfortable temperature, and helps your HVAC system components last as long as possible could save you hundreds of dollars every year.
Florida is not the climate where you want to take any chances with your air conditioner going out at the wrong time. Here at Reynold’s Air & Heat, we are committed to your family’s comfort through appropriate, affordable solutions from our knowledgeable, experienced staff.
Signs Your HVAC System May Not Be Energy Efficient
It’s not always obvious when your HVAC system is operating inefficiently. But, if you notice the following, contact us for an appointment to evaluate your system:
- A significant increase in your utility bills.
- If you notice that your system is cycling on and off frequently, it may indicate a thermostat or compressor issue.
- Ice building on your AC condenser unit
- Unusual sounds anywhere in your HVAC system
Tips for Increasing HVAC Efficiency
- Cool Your Attic: The warmer your attic is, the more difficult it is to keep your home cool. Insulating your attic can help regulate the temperature, allowing the air conditioner to work more efficiently.
- Keep Your HVAC System Clean: Replace your HVAC’s air filter regularly to let air flow freely and improve indoor air quality. You also want the indoor HVAC and outdoor unit to be in clutter-free spaces.
- Adjust Your Settings: When not using your AC, raise the temperature setting manually or install programmable thermostats.
- Use Fans: Using a ceiling fan can help move air around a room to create comfort without needing to run your air conditioning so frequently or at low temperatures.
- Block the Sun: Putting your air conditioning unit in a shady area or installing a cover can help your unit stay cool and operate more efficiently. Additionally, closing your blinds and curtains against excessive sunlight will keep your home cooler, allowing your HVAC system to reduce energy consumption.
- Seal Leaks: Leaks in your HVAC system can happen both in the ductwork and through open doors and windows.
- Preventative Maintenance: Making sure your HVAC system is energy efficient is a valuable investment in your home. Our professional services can help you take advantage of these tips and look for issues in your HVAC system before they become big problems.
If you’re ready to improve your HVAC efficiency by repairing or replacing your HVAC system, give Reynolds Air & Heat a call. We offer military and senior discounts and provide service to all of Brevard County, FL. Contact us today to learn more.